[gmx-users] Fwd: Maximum number density in gmx densmap

Alex alexanderwien2k at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 20:09:12 CET 2019

Dear all,
Following my last email, I also calculated the 2D density number for water
molecules for the same system, as you can see in the link below the maximum
water number density interestingly is 120 nm^-3 for the region with the
bulk water whose the number density should be around 33.36 nm^-3. The box
size of my system is ``7.552, 7.552, 7.552" and the bin grid size was
chosen to be 0.01 nm.
I tried to make a connection between the 120 nm^-3 given for the bulk water
region by the gmx densmap and reall water number density of 33.36 nm^-3 .
Considering the above box information I would be so appreciated if one
could explain what I am doing wrong?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HvSnUahNklTONmthYPXdCwB8g2kzRXVe

Thank you
Alex