[gmx-users] error while running gmx grompp

Elton Carvalho eltonfc at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 15:37:54 CET 2019

Hello, Dinesh,

Please direct your questions to the GROMACS user list, I'm unfortunately
not always able to respond to individual questions and the list has its
share of experts that can respond in a timely manner.

In your case I would check if the dihedrals defined in line 37 of file
mmb.prm are already defined somewhere else in any topology files alerady
#include'd.

Example: ffbonded.itp has a [ dihedraltypes ] line with atoms 4 5 7 8, then
you #include mmb.prm and it also has atoms 4 5 7 8 in a [ dihedraltypes ]
block. This is unsupported because if the dihedral type  is 9, it means
that these parameters should be added, but the lines defining this dihedral
are not consecutive, meaning that it's likely that you are trying to
redefine the dihedral. Since this is ambiguous and some sort of borderline
case, thye devs decided to issue a warning that this behavior is
unsupported.

This warning message is the result of a bug [
https://redmine.gromacs.org/issues/2077 ] I reported because of this
ambiguity. Please read the redmine issue to better understand what happened.

To solve your issue, look at like 37 of your mmb.prm and check if the 4
atoms defined in that dihedral are present somewhere else in your
#include'd files.

Cheers from a cloudy, humid and hot Natal,

--
Elton Carvalho