[gmx-users] regarding editconf

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Jan 15 16:09:45 CET 2019

On 1/15/19 9:34 AM, Ali Khodayari wrote:
> Thank you for your response Justin!
> I don't really see how it can cause an error, while it might be just a
> visualization defect in VMD.
> Previously, I tried to perform each step separately, like doing a centering
> by -center 0 0 0, but even performing this step leads to the error "step 0:
> Water molecule starting at atom 40225 can not be settled." The only
> difference would be a change in the coordinates, no? It is not due to the
> fact that I am using 5.1.2 version, is it?

Systems can become unstable for any number of reasons, but not simply
because some part of a protein appears to be protruding into space.
That's just normal PBC.

5.1.2 is very old but I don't know of any specific reason why it should
cause a problem.

Assistant Professor
Office: 301 Fralin Hall
Lab: 303 Engel Hall