[gmx-users] "Too many LINCS warnings" in a minimization after solvation with coarse-grained waters

ZHANG Cheng 272699575 at qq.com
Mon Jan 21 22:58:42 CET 2019

I also tried to reduce the "emtol" gradually in the mdp file, i.e. from 1000 to 100 to 10. It passed the "emtol = 1000" but it stopped again at "emtol = 100", i.e. outputting dozens of pdb files before the "LINCS warnings".

Then I looked at the edr files.
The potential in "emtol = 1000" and "emtol = 100" runs were actually converging
https://github.com/lanselibai/martini/blob/master/20190121_LINCS/emtol%201000%20then%20100.png

My understanding for the "LINCS warnings" is, the system is not stable. But why the potential is still converging?

Do I need to adjust the "lincs warning threshold", or "set the environment variable GMX_MAXCONSTRWARN to -1"? How to do that?

Is there a "standard" mdp file for minimization for a coarse-grained system with 10 proteins in water?
I am using this, but I do not know how to modify it.
https://github.com/lanselibai/martini/blob/master/20190121_LINCS/minimization_solvate.mdp