[gmx-users] seeking help for generating combined trajectory files and clusters

MD refmac5 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 18:42:49 CET 2019

Hi Mark,

I looked the combined trajectory with VMD by loading the gro and xtc files,
and the ensemble looks messy (the ligand is flying away from the protein).
I am not sure which step could be causing the issue. But I want to describe
what I have done to the trajectory file from the beginning and hoping if
you could spot anything I did could be causing the issue?

After harvested the md.gro and md.xtc, I tried to correct the overflowing
issue with the following command:
gmx trjconv -s md.tpr -f md.xtc -o md_noPBC.xtc -pbc mol -ur compact

Then I trimmed each trajectory file to ignore the first 10 ns.
gmx trjconv -f md_noPBC.xtc -s md.tpr -n md.ndx -pbc nojump -dt 50 -b 10000
-e 200000 -o md_round1_10-200ns.xtc

Then I combined the trajectory files together with the command I described
earlier (pasted below):
I did several 200 ns simulations and combined them into one trajectory file
with the commands:
gmx trjcat -f md_round1_10-200ns.xtc
 md_round2_10-200ns.xtcmd_round3_10-200ns.xtc -o md_combined.xtc -cat
-settime
I set the starting times to be: 10 ns, 190 ns, 380 ns

Then I made a RMSD matrix with the command:
gmx rms -f md_combined.xtc -f2 md_combined.xtc -s md.tpr -n md.ndx -m
 md_RMSD-matrix.xpm

Then I tried to build clusters with the command:
gmx cluster -f md_combined.xtc -s md.tpr  -n md.ndx -dm md_RMSD-matrix.xpm
-method gromos -cl out.pdb -cutoff 0.2 -g out.log

Best,

MD