[gmx-users] Install on Windows 10 with AMD GPU

James Burchfield james.burchfield at sydney.edu.au
Fri Jul 5 09:11:18 CEST 2019

Hi there,

I was hoping to install  gromacs on a windows10 system that runs 2 AMD Firepro cards.
I have managed to achieve almost everything in terms of setting up the compilation with the exception of OpenCl.

The issue I have run into are in reference to the settings of

CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH  (unsure if I need to put anything here)
OpenCL_INCLUDE_DIR
OpenCL_Library

The cards I am running are~ 5years old Firepro W7100
OpenCL version they are running is 2.0

AMD no longer makes the OpenCL SDK
Apparrently, most of the relevant stuff is now included with the drivers and headers can be  downloaded from GitHub

I have tried

  *   Installing the old SDK
  *   Installing the newer "light" version of the SDK
  *   Downloading the headers

Whatever the case
I cannot get it to work .
I get an error saying that the minimum requirement is openCl 1.2.  According to the AMD driver the cards are running opencl 2.0

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers,
James

Dr James Burchfield
Group Leader - Molecular Imaging
Metabolic Cybernetics Laboratory | School of Life and Environmental Sciences
D17 - Charles Perkins Centre | The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006
email: james.burchfield at sydney.edu.au<https://webmail.sydney.edu.au/owa/redir.aspx?SURL=dcc-mx2Vm9YdGp7rTcr5GrRHiQ9SDxLH3PlkEA8SH4UuqJopr4HSCG0AYQBpAGwAdABvADoAagBhAG0AZQBzAC4AYgB1AHIAYwBoAGYAaQBlAGwAZABAAHMAeQBkAG4AZQB5AC4AZQBkAHUALgBhAHUA&URL=mailto%3ajames.burchfield%40sydney.edu.au>
phone: +61 (0) 403 977 448
web: http://sydney.edu.au/perkins/research/groups/david-james-lab.shtml