[gmx-users] Amide hydrogen naming in charmm 36 forcefield

Dilip.H.N cy16f01.dilip at nitk.edu.in
Sat Jul 20 07:06:35 CEST 2019

Sir,
I have also tried with atom name H, (i have checked in the .rtp file and is
named as 'H'), but still i am getting the same following error:

Atom HN in residue NMA 1 was not found in rtp entry NMA with 12 atoms
while sorting atoms.
First, i tried with naming the amide hydrogens as 'H' and got the
above-mentioned error and then i followed the link
https://mailman-1.sys.kth.se/pipermail/gromacs.org_gmx-users/2014-May/088942.html
which
stated "CHARMM has unique nomenclature for amide H atoms, so H needs to be
renamed HN, though unfortunately, that's also wrong in the .rtp file. I'll
fix that for the future." and hence i changed the 'H' into 'HN'.

In spite in both the cases (naming the amide hydrogens as 'H' or 'HN'), i
am getting the errors.

The amide nitrogens are not defined in the .hdb files in charmm36 FF too.

Any suggestions...?
Thank you.
---
With Best Regards,