[gmx-users] Xeon W family vs scalable

강동우 dongwoo0701 at kaist.ac.kr
Sun Jun 9 05:38:47 CEST 2019

Dear all gromacs users,

I'm now about to configure workstation for gromacs.

I searched on the internet, and I could find some information from
servethehome.

But in here (
https://www.realworldtech.com/forum/?threadid=181985&curpostid=182058)

Somebody said that Xeon W-2145 will be faster than anything in the chart
(gold 6136, 6138, etc)

Xeon W family is relatvely cheaper than scalable family, but I cannot sure
whethere this is true or not, because I cannot find any benchmark data of
W-family in gromacs

Does anybody know about the performance of xeon w-family in gromacs? My
system will not be large (<80K atoms with C1, C2, C3, and water molecules).

Dong Woo Kang