[gmx-users] Xeon W family vs scalable

Kutzner, Carsten ckutzne at gwdg.de
Sun Jun 9 13:43:05 CEST 2019

Hi,

don’t spend all your money on a CPU - for high GROMACS performance
the GPU is as important. I would recommend to add an RTX 2070/80 GPU
to the workstation, and get a cheaper CPU. This will most likely
give you a significantly higher GROMACS performance.
See https://arxiv.org/abs/1903.05918

Best,
  Carsten