[gmx-users] Amber force field for metal Surface

Alex nedomacho at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 08:59:04 CEST 2019

The suggestion is to proceed with reading literature even if acpype
succeeds in generating some sort of a topology. In general, interactions
with a metal surface cannot be adequately modeled with
biomolecular-style forcefields using fixed partial charges + LJ.
Depending on what the end goal is, it may or may not be appropriate to
use Gromacs for this purpose, but it needs to be a judicious, carefully
researched choice.

Alex