[gmx-users] How to install gromacs on cpu cluster

Benson Muite benson_muite at emailplus.org
Sun Jun 30 06:42:13 CEST 2019

Hi Yeping,

May want to use GCC 7 or GCC 8

https://gcc.gnu.org/

Follow instructions for how to get GCC working, see

https://gcc.gnu.org/install/

Once have a new version of GCC in your own directory, you will probably
want to then compile an MPI library (eg. OpenMPI -
https://www.open-mpi.org/or MPICH - https://www.mpich.org) in your home
directory as well, the MPI library should be compiled with the GCC
version that you use. I have not used PBS in a while, but the MPI
library should pick this up. For programs on a single node, PBS should
be able to just run the compiled executable.

What version of cmake do you have on your system?

Will try to write a short script later today. You may also want to look
at Spack which  offers an automated GROMACS installation (but it can be
helpful to set it up yourself for good performance):

https://github.com/spack/spack

Regards,

Benson