[gmx-users] Force field error

Swapnil Bhujbal swapnilbhujbal18 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 14:12:49 CET 2019

Dear Users,

I'm performing ligand-protein simulation. My protein has phosphothreonine
and phosphoserine residues. So I have cheched this forum and accordingly I
have downloaded Charm36 force field November 2018 (
http://mackerell.umaryland.edu/charmm_ff.shtml#gromacs) and kept in my
installation directory (/usr/local/gromacs/share/gromacs/top). Upon hitting
pdb2gmx, I can see the downloaded force field for phosphorylated residues;
"Charm36" in the list, but after selecting this force field I got the
following error:

*Fatal error:Residue 'TPO' not found in residue topology database*

Please help me to solve this problem.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Mr. Swapnil Bhujbal