[gmx-users] Itp for a longer molecule out of a shorter one

pbuscemi at q.com pbuscemi at q.com
Wed Mar 6 23:00:06 CET 2019

Alex,

Having the itp for the shorter molecule you have most of what you need. Use
x2top to create the top file for the longer molecule. Adjust, if necessary,
the atomname2type.n2t file  in the ff  file to create any necessary atom
types being sure to select the proper ff.  Charges, bond lengths can be
taken from the existing pdb and itp when needed.  Use Avogadro for a quick
reference to model parameters.  I've made various models of Pebax , nylon to
100k's MW using this method.

Also ATB can get the itp for polymers up to 600 atoms if you use gromos54a7
ff.

Hope this helps

Paul Buscemi, Ph.D.
UMN BICB