[gmx-users] same initial velocities vs. -reprod

Mala L Radhakrishnan mradhakr at wellesley.edu
Fri Mar 22 21:11:19 CET 2019

Hi Mark,

Thanks so much -- good to know that it's basically equivalent to different
starting velocities and I should expect them to be different.

I found this page that sort of explains it:
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Reproducibility

Out of curiosity, I was wondering if someone can point me to something that
explains why (a+b)+c != a+(b+c) sometimes for computations across multiple
processors.  Is it a finite precision issue?

thanks again,