[gmx-users] Energy Conservation at the Beginning of a Production Run

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 09:30:43 CET 2019

Hi,

Off topic for this discussion, but what would people think if we changed
things around so that grompp would do that constraining, before writing the
tpr file?

This will mean that the configuration in the tpr does not always match the
configuration that was given to grompp, but instead matches the rest of the
simulation. Thus such an energy jump would not occur. And it may mean that
broken structures are found at grompp time rather than later at step 0 when
doing mdrun on the cluster.

Mark