[gmx-users] Stress-Strain curve plot

Anh Vo atv55 at msstate.edu
Wed May 29 18:08:48 CEST 2019

Hi,

Thank you very much for your answers. There are many questions that I have
searched online and looked up in GROMACS manual but still confused, so I
asked here. Your answers help to clarify them a lot for me. I really
appreciate it.

However, there are some questions that I'm still not very clear about them.
Please help me to understand them more if possible.

- When I simulated  an equilibrated bilayer membrane under deformation in
GROMACS and compared the stress-strain curve with previous results in
LAMMPS, I got lower yield stress and higher yield strain. I think this
means the phospholipid chains may not be as “grabby” toward one another or
the chains are not pulling away from one another as quickly.
Is this problem due to the incorrect bonding or constraint between the
molecules? If this is the case, which files or which parameters should I
look into to modify the bond or constraints?

- In the production step when the membrane is being deform (equibiaxial
tension with equal deformation velocities in X and Y direction), GROMACS
produceed such error: "The domain decomposition grid has shifted too much
in the Z-direction around cell 0 0 3. This should not have happened.
Running with fewer ranks might avoid this issue".
Is the Domain Decomposition automatically set in GROMACS for running
simulation and how to avoid this problem?

Thank you very much.

Anh Vo