[gmx-users] defining parameters in a separate itp file

Dave M dave.gromax at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 00:30:25 CET 2019

Hi Justin,

I am having troubles now with domain decompositions when I use openMPI
mpirun but it works fine when I run on single mpi. My system is quite large
(80x80x80) and I defined additional bonds in top file as:

[ intermolecular_interactions ]

[ bonds ]

; ai aj type

3123   40767   6   4.0047  1000

812    41625   6   3.7768  1000

1560   42483   6   3.7569  1000

2378   43341   6   4.0945  1000

I get error like this:

Not all bonded interactions have been properly assigned to the domain
decomposition cells

A list of missing interactions:

       Harmonic Pot. of      8 missing      6

          exclusions of     -4 missing     -4

I saw an old mail thread where Mark suggests to use
[intermolecular_interactions]. Am already doing it but I still get errors
(link:
https://www.mail-archive.com/gromacs.org_gmx-users@maillist.sys.kth.se/msg37888.html
 )

I use this:

mpirun -np 4 gmx_mpi mdrun  -deffnm 03-run -rdd 2 -ntomp 16

With np = 1 it works fine.

Would it be possible to overcome this? On single MPI it will take many
months to get the job done.

Thanks.

Dave