[gmx-users] anisotropic polarization

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Nov 23 02:19:28 CET 2019

On 11/22/19 3:53 AM, Amin Rouy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is anisotropic polarization implemented in Gromacs. I find a paper by
> Justin;
>
> ''Implementation of Extended Lagrangian Dynamics in GROMACS for Polarizable
> Simulations Using the Classical Drude Oscillator Model''
>
> How can I apply it to my own molecules?

By careful parametrization of the anisotropic polarization tensor :)

The implementation in our Drude model is not yet in the official
documentation (nor is the code, though I'm making headway there). You
can pull the "drude" branch from the git repo and look at the
implementation and syntax. Be advised that this isn't just something you
can add to molecules without really precise parametrization.

Assistant Professor
Office: 301 Fralin Hall
Lab: 303 Engel Hall

340 West Campus Dr.