[gmx-users] shift in trajectory

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Oct 17 12:30:54 CEST 2019

On 10/17/19 5:24 AM, Amin Rouy wrote:
> Dear Justin,
>
> Thank you for detailed answer. However, I am still struggling and none of
> these helped me.

What have you done and what was the outcome? It's impossible to give
better advice without knowing what specifically is going wrong.

> One thing I concern in traj.tpr file;
>   I run gmx trjconv with Gromcac.5, which requires .tpr file, while I see in
> http://manual.gromacs.org/documentation/2019/onlinehelp/gmx-trjconv.html that
> the file is 'Optional' to provide.

trjconv does a lot of things. Not all of them require a .tpr file, hence
the "optional" designation. What you're trying to do does require a .tpr
file because to account for periodicity effects, the bonded connectivity
of all molecules needs to be known.

-Justin