[gmx-users] Reg: Zinc ion gets displaced during Protein-Zn-Ligand simulation

Jorden Cabal jordencabal at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 06:13:35 CEST 2019

Dear Amit,
Yes, you need to correct the atom number in the "zn.itp" file in your case.
>From your co-ordinate file, it is clear that in order to restrain Zn atom
you need to put restraint potential on atom number corresponding to Zn atom
which is 4265 in your case instead of 2220. I think this should fix the
problem in your case. Try it and let me know if the problem persists.
Thank you.