[gmx-users] Reg: Zinc ion gets displaced during Protein-Zn-Ligand simulation

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Oct 23 14:42:02 CEST 2019

On 10/22/19 12:04 AM, Amit Jaiswal wrote:
> Dear Jorden,
> Thanks for your reply. As you have suggested, i found there is a
> mismatch of the atom number in the zn.itp file and the .gro file. I
> have included few residues of .gro file for your convenience.
> What i understand is that I have to rename the zn.itp file with
> residue no. 4265 and not 2220. Please correct me if I am wrong.

The global atom number is irrelevant in defining position restraints
(and will actually trigger a warning in your case). If Zn is defined as
a separate [moleculetype] in its own .itp file, the only valid atom
number for position restraints is 1. See
http://manual.gromacs.org/current/user-guide/run-time-errors.html#atom-index-n-in-position-restraints-out-of-bounds

-Justin

Assistant Professor
Office: 301 Fralin Hall