[gmx-users] Fatal Error when launching gromacs 2019.2 on GPU.

Szilárd Páll pall.szilard at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 22:08:12 CET 2019

Hi,

Indeed, the standard way provided by CUDA to expose a subset of GPUs to an
application is the CUDA_VISIBLE_DEVICES (note the "S" ending); I did not
realize that is something you were interested in, I thought you wanted to
avoid using GPUs.

Also note (for anyone interested), a when using a queue system, if node
sharing is allowed, the scheduler should be set up to a correct
CUDA_VISIBLE_DEVICES variable as well.

Cheers,
--
Szilárd