[gmx-users] limit to the number of QM atoms in a QM/MM simulation?

Benson Muite benson_muite at emailplus.org
Tue Sep 3 11:04:22 CEST 2019

Hi Kristina,

Cannot answer your question directly, but in addition to Orca, there is
some effort in this area that may allow using software other than Orca
for the QM part, for example:
Zalevsky A.O., Reshetnikov R.V., Golovin A.V. (2019) New QM/MM
Implementation of the MOPAC2012 in the GROMACS
https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-05807-4_24

Benediktsson B. and Bjornsson R. (2017)
QM/MM Study of the Nitrogenase MoFe Protein Resting State:
Broken-Symmetry States, Protonation States, and QM Region Convergence in
the FeMoco Active Site
https://github.com/RagnarB83/chemshell-QMMM-protein-setup

Olsen, Bolnykh, Meloni, Ippoliti, Bircher, Carloni and Rothlisberger (2019)
MiMiC: A Novel Framework for Multiscale Modeling in Computational Chemistry
https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jctc.9b00093
http://manual.gromacs.org/2019/reference-manual/special/mimic-qmmm.html
(I belive this is still in progress

Regards,