[gmx-users] RAM usage of gmx msd

Martin Kern martin.kern at uni-konstanz.de
Tue Sep 17 14:58:25 CEST 2019

Hi John,

thanks for your answer. The mdrun_key_atoms.xtc FILE is only around 500
MB in size. But the issue here wasn't RAM usage but a segmentation
fault. gmx msd requires a tpr file and I guess that my tpr and xtc files
didn't fit together. Skipping frames might work without the need of a
modified tpr file. I'll try that tomorrow.