[gmx-users] Atom type 'AS' not currently supported by GROMOS.

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Sep 23 20:57:13 CEST 2019

On 9/23/19 1:43 PM, Yogesh Sharma wrote:
> i want to simulate arsenic containing molecule in gromacs. i tried to
> develop topology of the molecule but I am getting error "Atom type 'AS' not
> currently supported by GROMOS".  Is gromacs restricted to use some metals
> like Arsenic?

It's not a GROMACS problem; GROMACS will happily simulate whatever
species for which you can provide parameters. As the error says, GROMOS
(the force field) does not support such a species. I don't know which
(if any) of the common biomolecular force fields support As; likely none do.

Assistant Professor
Office: 301 Fralin Hall
Lab: 303 Engel Hall

340 West Campus Dr.