[gmx-users] Cannot Generate .gro and .cpt files after running nvt

Chenyu Liu liu00554 at umn.edu
Tue Sep 24 21:03:02 CEST 2019

Hi Justin,
Thanks for your helpful reply and I really appreciate it! Actually, I was
about to post the Error message from the output. It does crash.
The message is as follows:

step 4950: One or more water molecules can not be settled.

Check for bad contacts and/or reduce the timestep if appropriate.

Wrote pdb files with previous and current coordinates

/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/17217805.mesabim1.msi.umn.edu.SC: line 47:
14959 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) gmx_mpi mdrun -deffnm nvt

I will be looking into the online manual for charmm force field for
solution. And, again, thanks for your generous help!
Chenyu Liu