[gmx-users] Cannot Generate .gro and .cpt files after running nvt

Chenyu Liu liu00554 at umn.edu
Wed Sep 25 00:11:07 CEST 2019

Hi Dallas,
Thanks for reaching out to me about this issue and I really appreciate it.
This is the error message from the gromacs I found:

step 4950: One or more water molecules can not be settled.

Check for bad contacts and/or reduce the timestep if appropriate.

Wrote pdb files with previous and current coordinates

/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/17217805.mesabim1.msi.umn.edu.SC: line 47:
14959 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) gmx_mpi mdrun -deffnm nvt

Currently, I switch to the mdp files generated from CHARMM-GUI to run
the simulation and it works smoothly.

Thanks again!

Chenyu Liu