[gmx-users] Spec'ing for new machines (again!)

Alex nedomacho at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 07:56:26 CEST 2020

 From what I am seeing in this paper, we should just go with something
along the lines of Ryzen 1950x + 4 x 2080 or 2080Ti. There are
indications that Ryzen also rips (pun intended) Xeons in DFT/CC
calculations, so overall this combination sounds quite reasonable for
our purposes. This also outlines a path towards upgrading our existing
nodes.

Thanks Kevin, this is very informative.

Alex