[gmx-users] Spec'ing for new machines (again!)

Szilárd Páll pall.szilard at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 00:32:59 CEST 2020

Hi,

Note that the new generation Ryzen2-based CPUs perform even better than
those we benchmarked for that paper. The 3900-series Threarippers are great
for workstations, unless you need the workstation form-factor, you are
better off with servers like the TYAN GA88B8021. If so, i  EPYC 1P is what
you should be looking at, e.g. EPYC 7402P.

GPU-wise, depending on your timeline you can expect NVIDIA to release
something this year, so you may want to time the purchase to either hit the
curren-gen GPUs discounted or go for the next gen.

Cheers,
--
Szilárd