[gmx-users] Atom positions change between topology generation and NVT equilibration

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Apr 29 18:33:02 CEST 2020

On 4/29/20 7:49 AM, Max Winokan wrote:
> My apologies for the missing images. Hopefully they are available along with the MDP in the following link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dnqz7c049f4tvw3/AAAGGZ8AF-ddQpBjD-QVf0OAa?dl=0
>

> If anyone knows what could be going on, please let me know. Essentially the atom positions in the first NVT step are very different to the input topology, see my original email below.

Was there an intervening energy minimization step? The output of pdb2gmx
looks fine, though providing the actual coordinate files and topologies
themselves would be more useful for diagnosing the issue.

Note that if you are applying constraints, that operation is done before
the first step so the coordinates can change. The distortion in the
coordinates suggests and incorrect bonded topology.

Assistant Professor
Office: 301 Fralin Hall
Lab: 303 Engel Hall

340 West Campus Dr.