[gmx-users] Can't observe ion separation under the influence of electric field

Harutyun Sahakyan h_sahakyan at mb.sci.am
Thu Feb 13 18:20:43 CET 2020

You can use compel and build a double bilayer system to separate ions. However, if you separate positive and negative ions, you will have very high membrane potential, event two ions difference can raise potential about 200 mV. In your case, I suppose 500 mV is not enough to separate all ions in a PBC box.

https://www.mpibpc.mpg.de/grubmueller/compel

Harutyun Sahakyan
Senior Assistant at Laboratory of
Computational Modeling of Biological Processes,
Institute of Molecular Biology, NAS, Armenia, Yerevan
Tel: +374 93 323990
h_sahakyan at mb.sci.am
sahakyanhk at gmail.com