[gmx-users] Collision

Dallas Warren dallas.warren at monash.edu
Sun Mar 1 22:58:58 CET 2020

This all sounds like
http://manual.gromacs.org/documentation/current/user-guide/terminology.html#gmx-pbc

Remember, the box is just a visualisation of what the system looks like,
and you can move that box anywhere.  What is in the center of the box is
entirely up to you and the post processing you do.  What comes out of the
mdrun engine is arbitrary.

With VMD, and I suspect the other MD visualisation software such as pymol,
you can turn on the periodic images. Have you done that to see where things
are actually located?  What did you see?  Have you actually processed it
using trjconv to put it back in the center of the box to see what is
actually going on?  What command did you use, and how did it then look?

Catch ya,

Dr. Dallas Warren
Drug Delivery, Disposition and Dynamics
Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University
381 Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3052
dallas.warren at monash.edu
When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a
nail.