[gmx-users] install and mdrun problems

Timofey Tyugashev tyugashev at niboch.nsc.ru
Tue Mar 3 05:55:07 CET 2020

Have you tried running stress test benchmarks for CPU and GPU? Or just
looking up any similar issues reported by other users of your MB and CPU
models?

Sudden shutdowns at high load are generally caused by power or cooling
failure. Or both, like CPU or GPU VRMs overheating, since they're
commonly both insufficient for the power they are supposed to pull
through and insufficiently cooled at the same time.