[gmx-users] core dump

Mohamed Abdelaal m.b.abdelaal at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 20:53:52 CET 2020

Hello everybody

I have been using GROMACS 2018.1 in the last month and I got an error "core
dumped" while running the simulation. Accordingly, I have installed the
2020.1 version and while I am doing pressure equilibration (npt), I had the
same error again (I paste it below) which is core dumped. Is it a problem
in this version or I might have done something wrong while running the
equilibration ?

I would really appreciate it, if anyone can guide me. I have pasted the
error below

Thanks
Mohamed

                  :-) GROMACS - gmx mdrun, 2020.1 (-:

                            GROMACS is written by:
     Emile Apol      Rossen Apostolov      Paul Bauer     Herman J.C.
Berendsen
    Par Bjelkmar      Christian Blau   Viacheslav Bolnykh     Kevin Boyd
 Aldert van Buuren   Rudi van Drunen     Anton Feenstra       Alan Gray
  Gerrit Groenhof     Anca Hamuraru    Vincent Hindriksen  M. Eric Irrgang
  Aleksei Iupinov   Christoph Junghans     Joe Jordan     Dimitrios
Karkoulis
    Peter Kasson        Jiri Kraus      Carsten Kutzner      Per Larsson
  Justin A. Lemkul    Viveca Lindahl    Magnus Lundborg     Erik Marklund
    Pascal Merz     Pieter Meulenhoff    Teemu Murtola       Szilard Pall
    Sander Pronk      Roland Schulz      Michael Shirts    Alexey Shvetsov
   Alfons Sijbers     Peter Tieleman      Jon Vincent      Teemu Virolainen
 Christian Wennberg    Maarten Wolf      Artem Zhmurov
                           and the project leaders:
        Mark Abraham, Berk Hess, Erik Lindahl, and David van der Spoel

Copyright (c) 1991-2000, University of Groningen, The Netherlands.
Copyright (c) 2001-2019, The GROMACS development team at
Uppsala University, Stockholm University and
the Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden.
check out http://www.gromacs.org for more information.

GROMACS is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License
as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2.1
of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

GROMACS:      gmx mdrun, version 2020.1
Executable:   /home/abdelaal/build2/gromacs-2020.1/build/bin/gmx
Data prefix:  /home/abdelaal/build2/gromacs-2020.1 (source tree)
Working dir:  /home/abdelaal/Desktop/GROMACS/C60:TAPC/C60_GRM/22
Command line:
  gmx mdrun -v -deffnm npt

Reading file npt.tpr, VERSION 2020.1 (single precision)
Changing nstlist from 10 to 100, rlist from 1 to 1

Using 1 MPI thread

Non-default thread affinity set, disabling internal thread affinity

Using 8 OpenMP threads

starting mdrun 'GRM in vacuum'
50000 steps,     25.0 ps.
step 44700, remaining wall clock time:   137 s
Step 44790  Warning: pressure scaling more than 1%, mu: 1.01937 1.01937
1.01937
Segmentation fault (core dumped)