[gmx-users] GMX 2020 - COMM Removal Issue

Daniel Kozuch dkozuch at princeton.edu
Fri Mar 6 16:00:53 CET 2020

[Somehow my response got put in a different thread - hopefully this works]

Justin,

Thanks for your reply. I agree that some COM motion is normal. However, this was a very short simulation (1 ns), so the size of the drift (several nm) was unexpected. To test, I repeated the simulation with GROMACS 2019.6 using all the same settings (but without the new
ones: GMX_GPU_DD_COMMS, GMX_GPU_PME_PP_COMMS, GMX_FORCE_UPDATE_DEFAULT_GPU), and I don't see the same drift.

Best,
Dan