[gmx-users] Troubleshooting Generic Floating Point Exception Errors

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 22:30:17 CET 2020

Hi,

Depends when you see them. From mdrun, you're generally blowing up (see
user guide and FAQ list). From tools, maybe your input data is somehow bad
(or bad in part, so try different parts), or you ran into a silent size
limitation in the code (see if a smaller data set works and if so file a
bug). Always visualize trajectories to check for sanity before you do any
numerical analysis. Countless millions of simulation hours have been wasted
by people too lazy for that!

Mark