[gmx-users] Linking MYR residue to N-terminus using pdb2gmx

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Mar 15 00:58:06 CET 2020

On 3/14/20 1:59 AM, Billy Williams-Noonan wrote:
> Hi Experts,
>
> This is a long-ish e-mail so thank you very much for your time
>
> I am using the GROMACS compatible charmm36 forcefield for
> betapeptides described here:
> https://gitlab.com/awacha/charmm-beta.ff
>
> In merged.rtp I have redefined the MYR residue hoping I could link it to
> the N-terminus of my b-peptide
>

> [ MYR ]
>    [ atoms ]
>             O1   OCL   -0.546  1
>             C1    CL    0.542  2
>             C2    CA   -0.280  3
>            H2R  HAL2    0.090  4
>            H2S  HAL2    0.090  5
>             C3  CTL2   -0.180  6
>            H3R  HAL2    0.090  7
>            H3S  HAL2    0.090  8
>             C4  CTL2   -0.180  9
>            H4R  HAL2    0.090 10
>            H4S  HAL2    0.090 11
>             C5  CTL2   -0.180 12
>            H5R  HAL2    0.090 13
>            H5S  HAL2    0.090 14
>             C6  CTL2   -0.180 15
>            H6R  HAL2    0.090 16
>            H6S  HAL2    0.090 17
>             C7  CTL2   -0.180 18
>            H7R  HAL2    0.090 19
>            H7S  HAL2    0.090 20
>             C8  CTL2   -0.180 21
>            H8R  HAL2    0.090 22
>            H8S  HAL2    0.090 23
>             C9  CTL2   -0.180 24
>            H9R  HAL2    0.090 25
>            H9S  HAL2    0.090 26
>            C10  CTL2   -0.180 27
>           H10R  HAL2    0.090 28
>           H10S  HAL2    0.090 29
>            C11  CTL2   -0.180 30
>           H11R  HAL2    0.090 31
>           H11S  HAL2    0.090 32
>            C12  CTL2   -0.180 33
>           H12R  HAL2    0.090 34
>           H12S  HAL2    0.090 35
>            C13  CTL2   -0.180 36
>           H13R  HAL2    0.090 37
>           H13S  HAL2    0.090 38
>            C14  CTL3   -0.270 39
>           H14R  HAL3    0.090 40
>           H14S  HAL3    0.090 41
>           H14T  HAL3    0.090 42
>    [ bonds ]
>             O1    C1
>             C1    C2
>             C1    +N
>             C2   H2R
>             C2   H2S
>             C2    C3
>             C3   H3R
>             C3   H3S
>             C3    C4
>             C4   H4R
>             C4   H4S
>             C4    C5
>             C5   H5R
>             C5   H5S
>             C5    C6
>             C6   H6R
>             C6   H6S
>             C6    C7
>             C7   H7R
>             C7   H7S
>             C7    C8
>             C8   H8R
>             C8   H8S
>             C8    C9
>             C9   H9R
> [...]

The issue comes from whatever the amino acid is; the [impropers] and
[cmap] entries specify that -C is needed to impose these bonded
interactions. Your MYR residue does not have an atom named C, so you get
an error.

The cleanest solution is probably to create a complete residue for a
custom residue already linked to MYR (merge MYR with the amino acid).
You likely don't want a CMAP on that residue, anyway.

Assistant Professor
Office: 301 Fralin Hall
Lab: 303 Engel Hall

340 West Campus Dr.