[gmx-users] potential energy doesn't have negative value

Afsane Farhadi afsane_farhadi at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 15 01:05:51 CET 2020

what do I have to do for solving this mater? I want to use a opls as forcefield.  how can I find that forcefield for methyldiethanolamine?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sun, Mar 15, 2020 at 3:29, Justin Lemkul<jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:

On 3/14/20 7:15 PM, Afsane Farhadi wrote:
> I generate a box of 100 molecules of methyldiethanolamine with insert-molecules command .I downloaded its itp file from ATB server. I think that forcefield is gromos . after an energy minimization the potential energy is positive.  the mdp file is attached.

The mailing list does not accept attachments.

ATB does produce GROMOS-compatible force fields, but it is always up to
the user to determine if the parameters are suitable. A positive
potential energy means that the intermolecular interactions are weak
compared to the intramolecular (bonded) interactions. You can use gmx
energy or look in the .log file to see the various contributions to the
total potential energy.

Assistant Professor
Office: 301 Fralin Hall
Lab: 303 Engel Hall