[gmx-users] Calculate dihedrals

Alessandra Villa alessandra.villa.biosim at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 13:53:47 CET 2020

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 1:10 PM Marko Petrovic <marko at kth.se> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I want to calculate som singular dihedral values and I know this is
> simple, but can't figure out the usage of "gmx gangle" . I tried using "gmx
> angle" but the results were not what I was hoping for as it calculates an
> average of the specified angles and seems to be meant for averaging many
> angles calculations.

You can use gmx angle with the  -all option. With the option -all the first
graph is the average and the rest are the individual angles. Or in
alternative use an index file with 1 dihedral angle
http://manual.gromacs.org/documentation/2018/onlinehelp/gmx-angle.html?highlight=gmx%20angle

> Using the .gro and .ndx files from my call to "gmx angle"
>
> gmx angle -f start.gro -n test.ndx -type dihedral
>
> to a all to "gmx gangle"
>
> gmx gangle -g1 dihedral -f start.gro -n test.ndx
>
> You could try to add the option  -group1 selection
http://manual.gromacs.org/documentation/2018/onlinehelp/gmx-gangle.html?highlight=gmx%20gangle

Best regards
Alessandra