[gmx-users] compile with intel compiler

Harry Mark Greenblatt harry.greenblatt at weizmann.ac.il
Thu Mar 26 08:11:22 CET 2020

BS"D

Yes, indeed, that was the error.  I did try to define the GMX_GPLUSPLUS_PATH, and have that point to a local install of gcc 6.4; that worked to compile and install gromacs.  But when it came to executing the program it couldn't find the libstdc++ for gcc 6.4.  This is on a cluster, and when I have compiled gromacs in the past with gcc 6.4, I can set up the environment by loading the gcc 6.4 module, but this of course displaces the intel compiler module.  If I add the gcc 6.4 library path in the GMXRC file, would that interfere with the intel stuff?

Thanks

Harry

Harry M. Greenblatt
Associate Staff Scientist
Dept of Structural Biology           harry.greenblatt at weizmann.ac.il<../../owa/redir.aspx?C=QQgUExlE8Ueu2zs5OGxuL5gubHf97c8IyXxHOfOIqyzCgIQtXppXx1YBYaN5yrHbaDn2xAb8moU.&URL=mailto%3aharry.greenblatt%40weizmann.ac.il>
Weizmann Institute of Science        Phone:  972-8-934-3625
234 Herzl St.                        Facsimile:   972-8-934-4159
Rehovot, 76100
Israel