[gmx-users] Coupled Gromacs+CP2K QM/MM user survey

SINDT Julien J.Sindt at ed.ac.uk
Mon Mar 30 11:43:19 CEST 2020

Dear Gromacs users,

My name is Julien Sindt and I am a member of the BioExcel Centre of Excellence. We aim to provide support to academic and industrial researchers in the use of high-performance computing (HPC) and high-throughput computing (HTC) in biomolecular research (if you're interested, please check out bioexcel.eu<http://bioexcel.eu/>). One of the projects we are working on is coupling Gromacs with the quantum chemistry package CP2K to enable QM/MM simulation of biomolecular systems -- we are working in close collaboration with the developers of Gromacs to create this feature and hope that it will be available soon.

We will support users of coupled Gromacs+CP2K on this mailing list and on the BioExcel QM/MM support forum at https://ask.bioexcel.eu/c/qmmm-biosim/. We've developed a survey to get a better idea of the interests and needs of the biomolecular simulation community with regards to QM/MM to help shape the user support and training that we provide, and very much welcome input from Gromacs users. If you would like a say in this, please contribute by filling out the survey here: https://bioexcel.eu/bioexcel-qm-mm-survey/  (deadline April 5th). The overall insights from the survey will be shared publicly later in the year.