[gmx-developers] Versions of analysis programs

Ran Friedman, Biochemisches Inst. r.friedman at bioc.uzh.ch
Fri Nov 14 20:36:50 CET 2008

Hi,

This is what I get from the downloaded version, before ./configure was run,
which explains I guess.

Thanks,
Ran

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 19:26:35 +0100
  Erik Lindahl <lindahl at cbr.su.se> wrote:
> Hi Ran,
>
> Do you mean the string you get at the top of the output when you type
> <program> -h ?
>
> At least on my machine that says 4.0.2 (well, actually 4.0.3_pre from
> CVS, but you get the idea)
> The VERSION macro seems to be set correctly in src/config.h at least
> under OS X, and since configure is run under bash that shouldn't  differ
>for Linux.
>
> You didn't happen to link with a different static/dynamic library  version
>by mistake?
>
> Anyway - more details might help ;-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Erik
>

> On Nov 14, 2008, at 5:18 PM, Ran Friedman wrote:
>
>> I forward my quesion, in hope that someone has an idea.
>>
>> Ran
>>
>> From: Ran Friedman <r.friedman at bioc.uzh.ch>
>> Date: November 12, 2008 12:56:24 PM GMT+01:00
>> To: Discussion list for GROMACS users <gmx-users at gromacs.org>
>> Subject: Versions of analysis programs
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I've noticed that the VERSION entry of the analysis programs in GMX
>> 4.0.2 is 3.2.0 or 3.3.2, whereas in GMX 3.3.3 it's 3.3.3.
>> Is that just a typo?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ran.

>> www interface or send it to gmx-developers-request at gromacs.org.

Ran Friedman
Postdoctoral Fellow
Computational Structural Biology Group (A. Caflisch)
Institute of Biochemistry
University of Zurich
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zurich, Switzerland