[gmx-developers] Pull to COM of molecules

hessb at mpip-mainz.mpg.de hessb at mpip-mainz.mpg.de
Fri Apr 17 10:08:22 CEST 2009

Hi,

The ED solution, stricktly speaking, only works for a single
molecule, because with multiple molecules one molecule in the cluster
could move away from the cluster and attach again displaced by nearly
a periodic distance. This will introduce nasty problems and artifacts.

I have implemented a proper solution which is already in 4.0 (hidden),
but we are still writing up the paper.
I can contact people off list (end of next week, we are currently
on holiday and are moving to Stockholm beginning of next week),
to explain how the method works.

Berk