[gmx-developers] License

Roland Schulz roland at utk.edu
Sat Apr 18 01:23:35 CEST 2009

Hi,

is there a reason (besides historical) that all of Gromacs is under
GPL also the parts which can be used as library and could be used more
widely if they were under the LGPL? I'm asking because we were talking
about the license we should use for the python lib.

Also another small license question: I didn't have to sign any
copyright forms before contributing as for other projects. Why is
that? Couldn't everyone who contributed, object to the special license
for F at H and we would have to remove all things from that person to be
able to keep giving F at H the special license?

Roland

865-241-1537, ORNL PO BOX 2008 MS6309