[gmx-developers] MC integrator

Erik Marklund erikm at xray.bmc.uu.se
Tue Aug 4 13:25:00 CEST 2009

Swell! It's been missing from gromacs for a long time in my oppinion.

Regarding parallelism, MC is highly parallelizable in "step-space", and
computing different MC steps on different processors will most likely be
faster than distributing particles or domains, since virtually nothing
needs to be communicated. Therefore, a step-decomposition option is a
good idea. Plus, it would be very easy to implement.

Cheers!

/Erik