[gmx-developers] Current build system

Carsten Kutzner ckutzne at gwdg.de
Wed Aug 26 11:21:23 CEST 2009

Hi,

is the cmake build already supposed to be operational?
I noticed that the files needed for autoconf/automake are
missing in the repository, however my cmake configuration
fails with errors like below.
What is the current protocol to build gromacs?

Thanks,
   Carsten

CMake Error at gmxlib/CMakeLists.txt:39 (install):
    install TARGETS given no ARCHIVE DESTINATION for static library
target
    "gmx".

  CMake Error at mdlib/CMakeLists.txt:12 (install):
    install TARGETS given no ARCHIVE DESTINATION for static library
target
    "md".

  CMake Error at kernel/CMakeLists.txt:75 (install):
    install TARGETS given no RUNTIME DESTINATION for executable target
    "grompp".

  CMake Error at tools/CMakeLists.txt:60 (install):
    install TARGETS given no RUNTIME DESTINATION for executable target
    "do_dssp".

  CMake Warning (dev) in CMakeLists.txt:
    No cmake_minimum_required command is present.  A line of code such
as

      cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.6)

    should be added at the top of the file.  The version specified may
be lower
    if you wish to support older CMake versions for this project.  For
more
    information run "cmake --help-policy CMP0000".
  This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.