[gmx-developers] Current build system

Sander Pronk pronk at cbr.su.se
Wed Aug 26 11:58:24 CEST 2009

Hi Carsten,

Are you sure you're running cmake in the right directory? The last
error message (the one about CMAKE_VERSION_REQUIRED) suggests
otherwise, because the CMakeLists.txt in the gromacs root prominently
has that on its first line.

Anyway, theoretically cmake works reasonably well - in practice the
resulting binary is slower than it should be, however, due to
remaining issues with selecting the right kernels. I believe Erik is
working on it, though.

Sander