[gmx-developers] Minor CMAKE/fftw3 problem VS2010 x64 on release-4-6 branch

Mirco Wahab mirco.wahab at chemie.tu-freiberg.de
Wed Feb 22 15:15:42 CET 2012

After reading Rolands hint regarding master branch (5.0) and
release-4-6 branch I created the latter and run into the
following problem.

After selecting the tool chain (cmake 2.8 windows), there
are now *four entries* corresponding to fftw3 linkage:

FFTW_INCLUDE_DIR:STRING=D:/Lib64/include
FFTW_LIBRARY:STRING=D:/Lib64/lib/libfftwf-3.3.lib

FFTW_INCLUDE_DIR_fftw3f:PATH=D:/Lib64/include
FFTW_LIBRARY_fftw3f:FILEPATH=D:/Lib64/lib/libfftwf-3.3.lib

Regardless what combination of correct filled and empty
filled fields I tried, there is no link dependency created
(in the .sln) for md.lib.

I had to manually update the "Additional Dependencies"
and "Additional Library Directories" - which
eventually lead to a successful result.

I'm not sure if md.lib is supposed to link with
fftw3(f)? I'd guess (according to my result) yes.

The created 4.6-preview mdrun seems to run ok
(and tests ok).

Thanks & regards

M.