[gmx-developers] Minor CMAKE/fftw3 problem VS2010 x64 on release-4-6 branch

Szilárd Páll szilard.pall at cbr.su.se
Wed Feb 22 16:10:00 CET 2012

Hi,

Thanks Mirco for the report!

I'd add a few more issues observed on Linux.

i) It seems that it is not possible to manually set the CMake cache
variable for the fttw include dir and library path anymore.

ii) I always see the following messages whenever CMake is rerun:
-- checking for module 'fftw3f'
--   package 'fftw3f' not found,
but at the same time the detection seems to work and compiling/linking
succeeds.

iii) It is indeed quite confusing that there is a suffixed and
non-suffixed version of the fftw variables defined in CMake (even
though the ones without a suffix are advanced). I think it would be
enough to have one set of include/lib path variables.

We should probably revisit the fftw detection and polish the
FindFFW.cmake module a bit. Note that I haven't looked at the module
in detail so the above are just general remarks.

Szilárd