[gmx-developers] GROMACS OpenCL on Gallium

Szilárd Páll pall.szilard at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 19:04:19 CET 2015

One more thing!

Let me take the opportunity to invite everyone interested to contribute
(with either code, testing, docs) and help improving features and
performance of our truly portable GPU/accelerator OpenCL code-path!

Our OpenCL implementation is stable and solid, but is lacking thorough
tuning for AMD GPUs and support for integrated CPU+GPU architectures would
be great too. There are a number of known to be useful extensions &
optimizations (and probably even more that we have not thought of) that
could be pursued, but due to the lack of time/resources we have not done it
yet.

I'd be happy to share ideas and collaborate with the goal of improving the
OpenCL support for the next release!

So if you're interested, get in touch!

Szilárd